Benefits of desktop virtualisation
Desktop virtualisation uses software technology to separate the desktop environment and associated application software from the physical client device.
- Manage physical and virtual desktops from a single console
- Centralised desktop management for remote locations
- Access desktops from any connected device
- Enable rich desktop experiences on thin clients and ageing PCs
Enhanced security and compliance
- Data is always locked in the data centre
- Improved compliance through centralisation
- Provides a managed desktop on an unmanaged device
- Use leading technology to provide a virtual desktop solution – allowing employees to work from anywhere at any time.
- A flexible and cost-effective solution
- Deliver Windows, Linux, web and SaaS applications, or full virtual desktops, from any cloud – public, on-premise or hybrid.
- The main virtualisation products from Citrix are XenApp and XenDesktop
Fully integrate with Microsoft applications
Citrix offers multiple VDI deployment options for Citrix solutions on Microsoft Azure – including virtual apps, desktops, data and networking. Customers can provision and deliver workloads on Microsoft Azure cloud platform, reducing overall IT costs and increasing efficiency, or choose to deploy VDI with Citrix Cloud services on Microsoft Azure.
Skype for Business
Both XenApp and XenDesktop include the HDX RealTime Optimization Pack which allow you to publish Skype for Business as a virtualised application or within a virtual desktop—with the same performance as a local installation. Microsoft Remote Desktop also allows desktop virtualisation.